Yesterday, I had a pretty rough day, to be honest that's an understatement but I digress! I got some news I wasn't expecting and it kinda shook my world. In my circumstance though I immediately realized the only thing I could do was pray about it. I had to give it to God and let Him know my emotions. It was such a comforting realization! Just the notion that He is always present and in control of it all. My crying out to Him isn't necessarily going to change the situation in an instant, but I have peace that God hears my prayers and He WILL answer them. I don't know yet what that answer will be and I don't really have an answer for the situation, but I know that He does. I know that He provides and that He loves His children infinitely more than my feeble love. There is a song called "white flag" by Shaun Groves and part of the chorus is this "There’s a white flag, Giving up and giving all of me – I give in, I’m Yours to reign and to rule, I’m just a fool, With a white flag". That is me! My life is not my own and control is not mine. God is the author of my life. I pray that I remember that when things happen that I least expect. A year ago I don't think I would have reacted the way I did yesterday. It's amazing how much you change in a year...
Anyways I just thought I'd update and share what I was thinking today. I hope to write again soon. I've been praying for words to say so maybe that's something you could pray about for me. I don't want this to be a space to vent about life or a play by play of what I'm doing. I want to use this blog to share my life, but also to write useful, uplifting thoughts, either about things I'm reading or listening to. I've been reading two very good books lately so maybe my next post will be a book review, who knows.
until then,