“Therefore, If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” 2 Cor 5:17
Meant to Be by Jadon Lavik
Now I see the reasons for all of those seasons wondering just how my life would connect
My life would connect but you knew all along all along
You wake up to find that you’re right where you’re supposed to be
Your heart’s running wild and free each day’s a mystery
This summer God took me on a journey. It was a journey through my heart…an expedition through my past and present. One of the key things I learned is that I need to cling to the truth that I am a new creation in Christ, and by cling I mean seek to hold onto with a death grip because my life depends on it. Too often I run back to the pain of yesterday instead of trusting that God has my best interest at heart. Why is it that we feel safer in yesterday than in God’s arms (looking to the future)? I have no clue.
One of my life’s biggest struggles has been insecurity. There have been many times where I have felt unworthy; unworthy of God or friends or circumstances…but I’m learning that it’s not about feeling worthy. It’s about believing in me. It’s about trusting that God is in control! I came across this quote in my devotion this morning I paraphrased the second part but it’s totally where I’m at right now.
"Praising me (God) through suffering reveals my presence in unexpected ways"...Lord I praise you through this pain, by your grace I praise you and give you glory! I ♥ you Lord because you are my rock even when I feel the way I do...
I’m not perfect and I’ll never pretend to be. I just pray that I continue to learn to be me. I’m done running away when someone doesn’t like me or excludes me because I’m different. They aren’t worth changing my life for, God has me where He wants me and I believe in His plan!
Until next time,
<3 CT