"Mark well this road in life; it can never be traveled again. The imprints you have made are all that remain." ~The Watermark

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Meaning of Everything...

If you know me at all then you know I struggle a lot with my emotions. Sometimes my world looks like a rollercoaster to those around me, and sometimes I feel like I’m on a rollercoaster. But God consistently reminds me that He is in control of every situation. Every time I find myself lost in this world, caught up in the anguish of yesterday, worries of today, or somewhere in the future, He finds me and breathes life into me. There are days when I cannot see His face, days when I am so broken by my bitterness that I run from the Lord. But there are also days where His presence is ever so near, days where I’m just amazed by His power and strength. Those are moments of pure, unadulterated worship.

These last few months have been months of searching and finding myself in the midst of this world. It’s been a rollercoaster kind of summer, but God has shown up in a BIG way in my life. He’s brought me back to the basics, because somehow I missed some of them along the way. I’m learning so much about myself and who I am in Him. I’m also learning to serve Him in whatever circumstance I’m placed. I don’t do very well outside of my comfort zone, in fact, I tend to a) avoid those situations all together or b) create my comfort zone when I’m forced to be outside of it. God, however, is gently nudging me to move beyond the comfortable to a place wholly reliant on Him. I’ve been learning to make Him my everything. I want to challenge you to seek Him because your life will never be the same.

<3 CT

P.S. I'm a huge MW fan and I think you should all go listen to this song!

You Are Everything - Matthew West
Where would I be without someone to save me
Someone who won’t let me fall
You are everything that I live for
Everything that I can’t believe is happening
You’re standing right in front of me
With arms wide open
All I know is
Every day is filled with hope
You are everything that I believe for
And I can’t help but breathe you in
Breathe again
Feeling all this life within
Every single beat of my heart