"Mark well this road in life; it can never be traveled again. The imprints you have made are all that remain." ~The Watermark

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Obligatory New Year Blog Post

Today is a new day. We’ve started a new year and in a few months I will be ending the college phase of my life and walk right into another but for now I’m just going to focus on my present circumstances. Just over a week ago I was at a conference immersed with 22,000 other college students and 20 somethings diving into the word of God head first. To say the least it was one of the most amazing things I have ever been a part of in my entire life. It was fun and moving, but most importantly challenging. I came home and faced a fear that I had been carrying for a decade. A fear that has controlled me and at times suffocated the life out of me. I have missed some God given opportunities because I retreated in this fear. I’m not going to go into all the details because let’s face it this is a public website. If you’re really interested and want to know more I would love to sit down and chat. I don’t hide what I’ve been through, but I don’t broadcast it either. I only bring it up to explain what God is doing in my life. As I’ve said before, this year has been a rollercoaster of learning, emotions, and growth. Passion 2011 was the culmination of all that God has been doing packed into one weekend in which I got the final push I needed to just jump. I’ve been a Christian since I was 10 but I’m learning more and more every day how to really live it. I cannot explain the freedom that I have found in Christ. There are no words to express the change that has finally come to my life. I pray that as I continue learning to let go and let God that I grow deeper in my relationship with Him and those around me. I do not want to miss any more of the blessings (opportunities) that God has for me because I am too afraid to jump. I want my life to matter. I want to make every second count. I want people to see Christ and how He has saved me and raised me from a very dark past into a life devoted to serving Him. It’s not about me but about making Him known. So as I start this new year, bringing a close to my six years of college, and get ready to start a new journey, that is the passion of my heart. I want to carry the name of Jesus Christ to my generation.


<3 CT

P.S. ~ I'm working on a couple of other posts right now. I'll try to delve more into what I learned at Passion 2011 and try to write those book reviews I've been meaning to do...